Monday, January 6, 2014

DIY T Shirt Update

Greetings to diy junkies and happy new year :)
Hope everybody's new year will be full of happiness,

Starting off with the new diy post, let's admit t shirts are the most comfortable things in the whole wide world next to sweat pants, so here's how to update a boring t shirt to a brand new one screaming your personality.

so we'll be needing,

-  T shirt transfer  ( I got mine from Target)
-  T shirts (Duh) 
-  Pair of scissors 
-  Inkjet printer 
- An Iron 




- Make sure you pre wash your t shirts, most fabrics tend to shrink after washing them 


- I decided to kill two birds from one stone and set up both of my designs in one page,

Yes! I am a Whovian ;) 

- Make sure you flip your image if you are using letters, I used Picmonkey to edit my pictures 



- Cut around the design you printed and carefully place it stright where you want it to be,
- Iron over the paper and make sure you give it a good heat press, if you lack heat the transfer might be stuck to the paper not the fabric and tend to peel off afterwards 


- On the white t shirt I decided to cut carefully around the letters so it won't leave a trail of ugly glue residue

-  Also I heat pressed it a little low to get the rustic vintage look.


- To get away from the boring-ness I cut few straps and stretched it in the back.



For the Whovian representation (hahaha) I cut out the sleeves and made them bows ;) (tutorial here)

because bow ties are cool!

Enjoy! 




2 comments: